- This happens when you go to Costco.
Because, really, who can think of a better place to meditate than in the noisy food court? I took the video after Ada tried saying hi to them multiple times and they ignored her.
- Matt was in the parking lot of Kragen auto parts changing the lightbulb in our Volvo. A guy next to him was fixing something in his van, and they got to talking. He told Matt that he was starting a movement with a group of musicians traveling to New Orleans. "What kind of movement?" Matt asked. "A gypsy movement," he replied. Good luck with that buddy!
- Right after telling me that story, we saw this lady:
- You can find a group of people at Steamer Lane hula hooping at sunset to some crazy music. When I told Matt about how hilarious they all looked, he said, "Babe, it's called hoop dancing!" (Like I was the last person on earth to hear about this awesome craze that is sweeping the nation.) Evidently he's heard people on the bus talk about it.
- We were leaving the park and Ada was sad to go. She was crying as we put her in the stroller, and a mom said, "Say, 'Mommy I need a boob!'" I looked up at her and said, "Oh no, she's not nursing anymore!" Matt thought I was rude, but I thought she was crazy. So there :) I wondered about her three-year-old son as they walked away...ughhh
- Students at UCSC just protested tuition hikes by getting nekkid and laying out on a field, spelling out, "Free Education." These were not the type of people you want to see in their skivvies...I changed the channel when the news came on! Thank goodness Matt's classes are nowhere near the East field!
All images & content on this site © Kara Miller 2008-2013 unless otherwise noted. Do not use any content without permission or giving credit. Thank you!
var _gaq = _gaq || ;
ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js';
var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script'); s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);