Pages

Monday, December 15, 2008

NEW CAR!

We got a sweet new ride!

It's a 2002 Volvo S60.

We went to Castro Auto on Grand Ave. in AG. We HIGHLY recommend them! My cousin, Rachel, got her car, Barney, there :)
We love that they don't have paid salesmen on commission. We were able to walk around and browse cars without having some sleaze-ball try to shove a car down our throats! When I shop, I will ask for help when I need it. I know what I want - so leave me alone until I need you!
We saw an Accord first that was in our price range. Turns out that bad boy had 200,000 miles on it! So we passed. Then we saw a beautiful Volvo behind it. We thought it had to be WAY out of our league, but it didn't have a sticker on it. So I asked the girl on a whim how much it was. Turns out, it was only $1,000 more than the Accord - but with 100,000 less miles. And WAY more bells and whistles!!!
We test drove it and were hooked. When I was driving, Matt looked over at me and said, "Aww you look like a little momma. I can picture car seats in the back!" That sold me right there :)
I took it into a mechanic on Friday and he said it was a great car! We bought it that day.
Here comes the good part...
We bought the car on Friday. We've been driving it everywhere and showing it off...it's our new baby!
We drove down to Santa Barbara yesterday for Travis' homecoming and showed it to all the fam down there.
We came back from SB and went to dinner at my mom's. We always park in the driveway. Last night, my mom had to go help out with cookies for the Nativity. I was on the phone with Bobba and my mom came walking in. I said to Matt, "Oh, we need to move the car." Then looked at my mom. Her eyes said it all. I said, "You backed into our NEW car?!" And she nodded. I was like, "Love you bye!" To Bobba on the phone and we went outside. She usually doesn't go anywhere Sunday night while we're over there. Also, we usually have the 4Runner parked there which is higher and easily visible. Shoulda, coulda, woulda! We'll be parking on the street from now on :)
The damage isn't that bad...just a square mark in our bumper from her tow hitch. And the whole bumper is shifted. Her insurance is covering to get it fixed up. Soooo yeah. The irony!

4 comments:

Sean & Carly said...

congrats on the new car. My dad has one, it is nice, but don't put anything but premium in it! And hope it doesn't break down, his car has been trouble since he bought it, and it is SO expensive to fix. I hope you love it though, they do look very nice!

Lori Thompson said...

SWEET lookin' car!

Gena Susan said...

It's beautiful! Congrats you two! So silly & sad that your Mama ran into it....totally sounds like something I would do.. :)

The Feuerleins said...

This sounds familiar...

All images & content on this site © Kara Miller 2008-2013 unless otherwise noted. Do not use any content without permission or giving credit. Thank you!