Ada had her 4 month well-baby check & immunizations this month. I remember before I had a baby thinking, "Oh brother, these moms that are so sad when their babies have to get shots are silly...it's for their own good!" Boy did I eat my words/thoughts the first time my sweet baby girl looked up at me with those eyes! The ones that say, "How could you?! You are holding me, and I am feeling pain! This is wrong!" She was so good during the shots though. She cried a little, then kept nursing.
4 month stats:
17 lbs. 6 oz.
26 1/2 in. long
16 1/2 in. head circumference
She is in the 97th percentile. Translation: BEEFCAKE!
Things Ada does:
- scoots around on her belly in circles
- pushes her booty up during tummy time (legs straight, it looks like downward-facing-dog while faceplanted)
- says, "la-la-la" and we think, "ma-ma"
- balances on one leg in Daddy's hand
- arches her back and rolls from tummy to back and vice versa
- grabs anything in sight and throws, feels, bangs, pushes, or puts into mouth
- sucks air in while making noise
- laughs, chatters, & screams
- loves to sing and dance
- pulls her binky out of her mouth & almost gets it back in the right way
- opens and closes her hands while touching people...kind of scratches you
- tries to sit up on her own
- while sitting up, needs less support
- grabs her feet
We fall more and more in love with our Ada every day. She is such a joy to be around and has such a fun little personality coming through. Her hair is getting lighter and staying curly, we are excited about that! She loves people and smiles wherever we go.
I could kiss this face all day long!