Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Hot Beef Sandwiches Au Jus

We had these for dinner tonight. Oh my goodness...they were so yummy! 
I had to put the meat in the fridge because after two sandwiches, Matt was still eating the meat! 
Tiana and Josh stopped by on their way home and were able to join us with sweet baby Ava! I didn't get any pictures because I was having too much fun catching up. The second they left I realized I didn't get any...boo. So here is my half-eaten sandwich :) 
This is from Rival Crock Pot's Best-Loved Slow Cooker Recipes. I saw it in my sister's room at Christmas and asked her if I could borrow it...she said I could have it! Score. I love cookbooks. She got me an awesome Trader Joe's one for Christmas too! There are so many recipes I want to try in it.
Makes 8-10 servings
4 lbs. beef rump roast
2 envelopes (1 oz each) dried onion soup mix
2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tbsp. minced garlic 
2 cans (10 1/2 oz each) beef broth
1 bottle (12 oz) beer (I substituted 1 1/2 cups white grape juice)
Crusty rolls, sliced in half

1. Trim excess fat from beef and discard. Place beef in Crock Pot.
2. Combine soup mix, sugar, oregano, garlic, broth and beer (juice) in large mixing bowl. Pour mixture over beef. Cover, cook on high 6-8 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
3. Remove beef from Crock Pot, shred beef with two forks. Return beef to cooking liquid; mix well. Serve on crusty rolls with extra cooking liquid "jus" on side for dipping.

I sliced the rolls, buttered them, and toasted them under the broiler.
This one's a keeper!   

3 comments:

Lori Thompson said...

YUM!!! That made my mouth water!!

Tori said...

Mmmm!! Thanks for posting all of your yummy recipes! Keep it up! I love it! And I love you too! Congrats on baby #2! :)

Jeanine said...

you had me at hot beef !!!

All images & content on this site © Kara Miller 2008-2013 unless otherwise noted. Do not use any content without permission or giving credit. Thank you!