Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

28th Birthday!

My birthday was back in April, but I'm just now getting around to blogging about it! I had SUCH an awesome birthday!

It started with waking up to my front door being heart-attacked by my awesome friends Heidi & Hannah! They even gave me a bag full of only the red and pink Starbursts because I'd mentioned those were the best. How cool is that?! Check out chunky 8-month-old Lola! And chunky me! I've definitely lost weight since then, awesome bonus of being behind on the blog :) Unless I'd gained more weight since then. 
We then headed out to Zachary's for some delicious brunch. Mike's Mess & their homemade whole wheat bread can't be beat!
My mom surprised me with the ultimate birthday cake! It's the Pink Champagne Cake from Madonna Inn in San Luis Obispo. Look at those gorgeous pink chocolate curls!
Can you tell I was a wee bit excited? :)
I think Ada looks like Mowgli from Jungle Book in the pic below. You know the scene where he sees the girl  for the first time? Yup :)
Ada was stoked on the pretty pink cake too.
Love my little firstborn!
So I am a planner. My husband is not. I usually plan things way ahead and it drives me crazy when there are no plans for big events like holidays or birthdays. I saw the previews for Titanic 3D months before and that it was coming out on my birthday weekend! So I made sure to tell Matt that's what I wanted to do for my birthday. My birthday was coming up and I knew he didn't have tickets. I was getting upset because I always take charge and do everything. I even complained to my mom about how frustrated I was! Boy did I eat my words later...
We DID end up going to see Titanic in 3D and it was AWESOME! I felt like I was reliving my Jr. High days because I wasn't allowed to see it when it came out in theaters. So it was fun to pretend like Matt and I were on a date to see it for the first time while my mom watched the girls. Thanks Nonnie! :) We took pictures in the photo booth and had a blast! 
Fast forward to the weekend. Matt said that he was taking me out to dinner and we were doing something after. I was so thrown off because I knew he was up to something. He was supposed to go to work but was acting so weird and would not leave me alone! He is the worst liar and cannot keep a secret, it literally kills him. It's hilarious! He drops random hints all day and looks at me weird, I should get a video of him when he knows something I don't. 
We went out to eat and I was turned, talking to the table next to us. When I turned back to face Matt, this ticket was sitting in front of me! I almost started to cry I was so excited and surprised! We were going to see ZAC BROWN BAND!!!! I felt REALLY guilty for complaining about how he never plans anything. Because he planned this. And it was INCREDIBLE :) 
See for yourself:
We had the best time! Sang and danced our little hearts out. Thank you again to my mom for watching the girls for us...I loved feeling young again, even though I'm inching closer and closer to the big 3-0. 
Here's to awesome family, good food, great music, and many more birthdays to celebrate ahead!

1 comment:

CatholicMomma said...

I just found your blog today and I was so excited! I can't wait to try some of your recipes. I am a large-ish family (4 kids) and I love practical sites like yours!

All images & content on this site © Kara Miller 2008-2013 unless otherwise noted. Do not use any content without permission or giving credit. Thank you!