Hungry Running Girl posted this quiz for us to do in honor of National Running Day! Do it yourself in the comments or on your own blog.
Also, tweet or instagram why you run and Timex will donate $5 to the One Fund Boston to help those affected by the Boston Marathon bombing. 60 people will win a Timex Ironman watch!
3. Where do your workouts come from? A training plan. I used one from Ragnar first, then from Fitness.com, now on one from Double Your Endurance.
4. How many miles on average do you put on a pair of shoes? 300? I just run in them until they start to feel lame. I guess I should be more scientific about it!
5. Cell phone - do you bring it with you on your run or leave it at home? Bring it! Always! I feel naked without my phone, plus it tracks my mileage through RunKeeper.
6. What was your last running related injury or have you been an injury free runner? Stress fracture on the top of my right foot last year. Booooooooooooo!
7. Is your current running goal about running a farther distance (adding more mileage) or getting faster or BOTH?!? BOTH! I am so proud that I completed 13.1 miles, but next year my goal is to do it faster.
8. Speedwork—-> at the track, on the treadmill, on the roads or never do it? On the roads. But I would like to try the track to make it more official-feeling!
9. Stretching after a run: hit the ground after a run and get stretching, stretch in the shower, stretch once you get to work/school, skip the stretching? Ohhhh stretching. I wish I had more time for you. After last night's run, I ran straight upstairs and made dinner, scarfed it down, and went to a meeting. So no stretching happened. I need to be better about it!
10. What was your reason for starting to run? I've run ever since I can remember. I was one of the fastest girls in elementary school, and beat boys in a dress! I always loved the Jog-a-thons and Turkey Trots and winning movie tickets :) Things have changed of course (I'm not so fast anymore), but I keep running for my health, sanity, and family's happiness. Matt says, "I like you when you run." I definitely am a more patient person when I do!