Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Chapman, May Grisham, Labor Day...

We babysat Avery & Logan last Saturday night. Aren't they the cutest?! We adore these little girls.
Logan says her boyfriends are Lightning McQueen and Matt :)
. . . 
This is what I'm constantly showing some of my students:
Sometimes it works. 
I have one sweet boy in 3rd grade who told me, "It's an honor to work with you." After we finished his math worksheet :) And he quotes the Ten Commandments to me and quizzes me, I need to brush up on my Old Testament!  
I love elementary kids. A day doesn't go by that I don't get a compliment...I love it! They are so sweet. Well, I work with one that is not sweet. But there's always one, isn't there?
The first two weeks of school, I was working 8 AM-2 PM because they hadn't hired another aide yet. I would come home at 2, do homework, then go to class from 5-10 PM Monday through Thursday. I was EXHAUSTED! Poor Matt got a hug and a kiss and I was asleep. I think I fell asleep one night when he was still talking to me. Sorry babe! 
I finally called the District Office on Friday and said, "I can't do this anymore, we need to get a sub or hire another aide." I just felt myself getting stretched too thin so early in the year, and I can't afford to get sick! There will be a sub this whole week. 
Today was my first day going part time, and it feels great! Now I have plenty of time when I get off at 11:30 to do my homework, eat, recharge and blog (of course). I'm glad I took the morning position, because I know myself. If I was supposed to go in at 11:30 I'd be sleeping in until 10 and wasting my day! This way I am up and ready for the day and can take a nap after work if I need to.
Here are some of my projects from my Chapman classes so far...
I love my classes! They are very time consuming, but it's all things I love to do.
. . .
On Sunday I was released from my Young Women's calling as Personal Progress Leader. :( 
I cried when my uncle extended the release...and get welled up just writing about it! I love those girls so much. They are incredible. I can't do Wednesday mutual nights anymore since I have class. I can't reschedule either, it would just postpone my graduation. I know the next PP Leader will be amazing and the girls will love her!  

Saturday I went to Avila Beach with my mom and Wiberg. It was a perfect day! (Minus the ocean eating my mom's prescription sunglasses)

It's amazing how fast your tan fades...one week and I already felt pasty. Not fair since I worked for that tan all summer! 
We are going to go to the beach every Saturday until it's too cold to go anymore! 

On Monday, Matt and I slept in, did Pilates together, went to the Ward BBQ Picnic, cleaned our room... 
and dyed my hair!
The roots were getting WT bad...
So this is the solution until I get paid! 

WHEW! I think we're all caught up :) Hope everyone is doing well with school, work, etc! 

4 comments:

Gena Susan said...

LOVE the new hair!

Shannon said...

Love that cute kid and LOVE your hair! You and Linds, I'm telling you: gorgeous hair!

Unknown said...

Dang those are some cute kids. Their parents must be AWESOME. Oh, and you inspired me to dye my hair yesterday :)

Laura & Tyson said...

I did not know you had a blog. I was in LA on Friday. Got bored so I spent most the afternoon at Manhattan Beach (it was by my hotel). How is everything?

All images & content on this site © Kara Miller 2008-2013 unless otherwise noted. Do not use any content without permission or giving credit. Thank you!