Pages

Monday, July 21, 2008

One weekend, two movies.

Polar opposite movies, that is!
Thursday night Matt, Chris Drake, his buddy Ryan, and I all camped out for the 12:01 AM showing of The Dark Knight! 
We got there at 9:30 PM. Brought our In-n-Out (complete with huge Dr. Pepper to stay awake), lawn chairs, phones, blankets...and I even got a picture with the Joker! 

This movie was INCREDIBLE. It did not disappoint! Heath Ledger was amazing as everyone has been saying. I definitely think he will get an Oscar for his portrayal of the Joker, although it is too bad he is not alive to enjoy the success of this movie. Christian Bale is the perfect Batman, in my eyes. Ahhh Cowboy from Newsies...I've loved him since I was a little girl :) It broke the record for most money taken in by a midnight showing: $18.4 million!  
Then on Friday, my mom and I went and saw Mamma Mia!!!!! It is SO FUN! 
My mom has seen the play on Broadway and in Vegas, so she had high expectations. She says the movie met them! The characters are all so colorful and fun. The actors look like they really had fun making this movie! 
I have the soundtrack, so I was singing along to the whole movie. It was so hard not to get up and dance in the aisles!! 
Everyone does such a fabulous job acting, singing, and dancing. Pierce Brosnan, bless his heart, tries to sing. Poor guy. Meryl Streep is brilliant, it's hard to believe that she is the same woman who plays in The Devil Wears Prada! 
I want to go to Greece now and dance to ABBA music. 
I LOVE good movies! I would go see both of these again in a heartbeat. 

3 comments:

Matthew and Shanna said...

Matthew and I also went to the midnight showing of The Dark Knight! I also really liked it!It was really different than I thought it would be. I haven't seen Mamma Mia yet but I really want to!

Becky and Caleb said...

Oh I want to see Mamma Mia!

By the way I'm actually ADDING content to my blog now....well trying :) So check it out :) LoL. With MySpace and Facebook it's hard to keep up, but a blog is actually kind of fun!

Shannon said...

Wasn't Dark Knight awesome?! But I'm SO jealous you've seen Mamma Mia... I'm dying to see it! How fun :)

All images & content on this site © Kara Miller 2008-2013 unless otherwise noted. Do not use any content without permission or giving credit. Thank you!