Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Fall Makes Me Want to Cook!

So I did. Class was cancelled due to the election, so I got to cookin!
I made Comforting Potato Soup

and Dinner Rolls:
(here's a sammy I made the next day with one)

Here's the recipe for the rolls
(from our Relief Society newsletter):
1/2 c. warm water
1/2 c. warm milk
1 large egg
1/3 c. butter, softened
1/3 c. sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 1/2 tsp. yeast
3 3/4 c. all purpose flour
1/4 c. butter, melted

In a large mixing bowl, combine warm milk and warm water. Add sugar and yeast and stir to dissolve. Set aside for 5-10 min. to allow yeast to activate. Add 1 egg and softened butter and mix to combine. Add flour and salt. Mix thoroughly. Dough will be sticky. Mix for 6 minutes or until dough pulls away from sides of bowl. Transfer dough to a greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Place in a warm, draft free place and let rise for approximately 45 minutes or until doubled in size. Spray or grease a 9x13 pan and grease hands liberally. Gently form slightly larger than golf ball size pieces of dough and place in pan. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise a second time. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Bake for 10-15 min. or until golden brown. Brush with melted butter and serve warm.
* I took a hot one with butter on it to Matt when I picked him up from class. It was gone in 3 seconds! I asked him how he liked it and he said he wanted 10 more please!

5 comments:

Sue said...

Yum! Nothing better than hot, buttered, yeasty rolls!

Tori said...

Matt is one lucky guy to have you! I love getting all your new recipes! I wish I lived by you so we could cook together! :(

Sarah and John Root said...

These look so good!! We always have soup, salad, and rolls on Wednesdays so this coming week I'm definately going to give this recipe a try! Thanks for sharing!

Kendra said...

What a good lil wifey! I didn't know you had a blog. How fun! You need to come visit our page...Lancesugden.com you'll find it. :)

Gena Susan said...

Yummy!

All images & content on this site © Kara Miller 2008-2013 unless otherwise noted. Do not use any content without permission or giving credit. Thank you!