Thursday, November 6, 2008

Fall Makes Me Want to Cook!

So I did. Class was cancelled due to the election, so I got to cookin!
I made Comforting Potato Soup

and Dinner Rolls:
(here's a sammy I made the next day with one)

Here's the recipe for the rolls
(from our Relief Society newsletter):
1/2 c. warm water
1/2 c. warm milk
1 large egg
1/3 c. butter, softened
1/3 c. sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 1/2 tsp. yeast
3 3/4 c. all purpose flour
1/4 c. butter, melted

In a large mixing bowl, combine warm milk and warm water. Add sugar and yeast and stir to dissolve. Set aside for 5-10 min. to allow yeast to activate. Add 1 egg and softened butter and mix to combine. Add flour and salt. Mix thoroughly. Dough will be sticky. Mix for 6 minutes or until dough pulls away from sides of bowl. Transfer dough to a greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Place in a warm, draft free place and let rise for approximately 45 minutes or until doubled in size. Spray or grease a 9x13 pan and grease hands liberally. Gently form slightly larger than golf ball size pieces of dough and place in pan. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise a second time. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Bake for 10-15 min. or until golden brown. Brush with melted butter and serve warm.
* I took a hot one with butter on it to Matt when I picked him up from class. It was gone in 3 seconds! I asked him how he liked it and he said he wanted 10 more please!


Sue Sparks said...

Yum! Nothing better than hot, buttered, yeasty rolls!

Tori said...

Matt is one lucky guy to have you! I love getting all your new recipes! I wish I lived by you so we could cook together! :(

Sarah and John Root said...

These look so good!! We always have soup, salad, and rolls on Wednesdays so this coming week I'm definately going to give this recipe a try! Thanks for sharing!

Kendra said...

What a good lil wifey! I didn't know you had a blog. How fun! You need to come visit our you'll find it. :)

Gena said...


All images & content on this site © Kara Miller 2008-2013 unless otherwise noted. Do not use any content without permission or giving credit. Thank you!