Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Kandie's Baby Shower!

Last Saturday, the 21st, we had a baby shower for Kandie. Shannon hosted it at her beautiful home, and Diana and I did food and whatnot. We are so excited to have little baby Evelyn joining the family on April 9th! (I'm crossing my fingers for a niece on my birthday...the 7th!)
....
Kandie and Gray hangin out at the shower. Gray and Evelyn will be 16 months apart; just like my sister Lindsay and I!

I am so proud of the diaper cake. Didn't it turn out cute?!

Beautiful cake from Albertson's, my friend Jessica does a great job. I picked chocolate with fresh strawberries and it was YUM!

The food...Diana did veggies & dip and fruit & dip, and I did the spinach dip in the bread bowl. Lotsa dip!

Diaper Cake & The Wishing Tree (Many thanks to my mom's tree for sacrificing some branches...)


Marsha hanging her advice on the Wishing Tree

And the beautiful favors! I used Sue Sparks sugar cookie recipe...they turned out gorgeous AND yummy! (See some of her talent here and here. She is incredible!)
Thanks to Lindsay for helping me frost, decorate, & wrap them up! Oh, and Matt for his help with the sprinkles ;)

We played the game where you guess how many TP squares around Kandie's baby belly is...and someone guessed EXACTLY 12 squares!
Kandie also got some adorable girly outfits and things for Evelyn. It sure is different having a girl!
All in all, I'd say the shower was a huge success. Thank you everyone who came and/or contributed in any way!

13 comments:

Sarah and John Root said...

The diaper cake is so cute!! I love all the girly colors. Also, love the tree idea!

Gena Susan said...

I didn't know she was having baby #2! That's awesome.

Looks like it was such a cute shower :)

Alissa said...

Wow! you did such a great job Kara! You worked so hard on everything! It looks so fun & cute! I wish I could have been there, sniffle* Love you!

Diana said...

We missed you too, Alissa! It was fun and Kandie (or rather Evelyn) got a lot of cute clothes!

Lori Thompson said...

What an adorable shower! I want a cute PINK diaper cake too!

Sue said...

What a beautiful baby shower you girls put together! I love the diaper cake and, of course, your cookies! They look very pretty, festive and yummy!
And thanks for your generous compliments:)

Allison and Mason: said...

The diaper cake is darling! Also, I love the camera. I am wanting to invest. I have decided. What type of camera did you guys get? I am looking in to a couple of different ones. Email me with the goods.

Anonymous said...

You're amazing!!! It really came together well. Love you! Muah!

Kara said...

Thanks you guys! Lori - I hope you get your pink shower with #6! :)

Shannon said...

That diaper cake is awesome Kara! You are so talented.

Also love the bread bowl!! It looks so good.

Emily said...

Hi Kara~ It's great to have a baby around huh!! They're so precious, I need to post some more pics... I still can't get over how jealous I am that you're so close to such beautiful beaches! Good luck with the surfing..I bet it's tough- I 've never tried. Remember the movie Blue Crush..? That will be you soon :) Happy surfing!

:) said...

Hi there- I have been wanting to leave you a comment ever since you guys commented on our blog. I love that we can actually have some contact with Warren's extended fam. I love your pics of Cali. We moved from Palm Desert,CA 2 years ago. I miss the weather terribly :( If you guys ever head this way to the sacred grove or anything let us know, you are welcome to stay with us.

Chantelle

The Feuerleins said...

I just now saw these pictures! You are so cute. I can't believe how much you did for this! I wish I could have been there and I would have loved to do a cake for it! I just think doing a baby shower cake would be so fun!

All images & content on this site © Kara Miller 2008-2013 unless otherwise noted. Do not use any content without permission or giving credit. Thank you!