Pages

Friday, March 12, 2010

Officially Grown-Ups

After almost 4 years of marriage, Matt & I finally have a headboard!
Isn't it great? My dad gave it to us as our Christmas gift. He let me do the shopping though, smart man ;) I love the upholstered look, so shopped around. Everywhere was so expensive! I had one picked out at Target, got to the checkout page, and shipping was $90! Seriously?! And of course they don't ship to the store. Grrr.
I thought they only did phone orders from TV, but they're online as well! Who knew? They saved the day and I found this beauty for half the price of other places. I even scored free shipping. Woohoo!
The gorgeous duvet was my mom's Christmas gift to us...that's a good story. She wanted Lindsay & I to pick out what we wanted and I told her I knew already. As I started describing the duvet cover, she said, "I think that's the exact one that I'm getting for my bed!" I turned to it in the PB catalog and sure enough, it's the same one! I definitely have my mom's taste when it comes to decor and clothing...we show up to church wearing the same outfits sometimes. Or at least the same colors.
Lindsay and her share the same food taste and usually end up ordering the same items off the menu when we eat out. It must be one of those crazy mother/daughter connections :)
I love our bed now. It is so relaxing and serene. Just need to hang pictures above it and we're done! Finally a complete bed...must mean we're grown-ups now.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I really like that headboard! It looks really easy to make... maybe I'll try when I have some time and figure out what fabric I would want for it.

Reeve family said...

I love your headboard! I guess Brett and I are stil not grown ups bc we have been married over 4 years and we still don't have one! One day!

All images & content on this site © Kara Miller 2008-2013 unless otherwise noted. Do not use any content without permission or giving credit. Thank you!