Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2010

St. Louis Gooey Butter Cake!

I made this last night. WOW. I found the recipe here at the lovely smitten kitchen blog.
It really lives up to all the hype! It does require planning (items needed at room temp, rising time of 2 1/2-3 hrs) but it is oh, so worth it.
Mine didn't rise as much as hers did, but still tasted incredible. Also, because I used a glass pan, it didn't have the dark crust that hers did.
This picture illustrates how much Matt and I ate last night.
Also, notice the chopped off corner. One of my hubby's signature moves...he's such a little muncher.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I have never had butter cake but it sounds good (obviously!).

All images & content on this site © Kara Miller 2008-2013 unless otherwise noted. Do not use any content without permission or giving credit. Thank you!